The UNITED FILIPINO CANADIAN ASSOCIATIONS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA (UFCABC) was established in 2015 from among over 40 registered British Columbian societies in the Canadian-Filipino community.
It was an offshoot of the previous Pista ng Bayan Society that organized Philippine Independence Day events in Vancouver for years prior under the Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver including the Annual Independence Day Gala and the "Pista ng Bayan" outdoor event.
The creation of the UFCABC highlighted the maturing of the Filipino Community in Vancouver to stand on its own and to be able to deliver these event as truly community driven.
President | Joel Castillo
1st Vice President | Rey Fortaleza
2nd Vice President | Arcie Lim
Secretary | Janice Lozano
1st Treasurer | Bert Parungao
2nd Treasurer | Merlina Fayusal
Auditor | Agnes Uguil
PRO | Mel Abonita
Sgt-At-Arm | Leo Ocampo
Sgt-At-Arm | Rene Bahena
Business Manager | Rudy Tuliao
Business Manager | Salve Dayao
Business Manager | Mylene Lim
Business Manager | Arnedo Lucas
Mary Ann Velayo
Amado Mercado Sr.
Anthony Remedios, Legal Adviser
Victoria | Annette Beech
Maple Ridge | Liza Pacio
Fort St. John | Ovvian Castrillo-Hill
Kamloops | Dr. Felian Cabael
Prince George | Lorenzo Sia
Aklanon Sto. Nino Association of BC | Luz Mcgillivray
/ Kirv Martelino
Antiqueno Cultural Association of BC | Mirasol Kahila
Aritao Association of Seattle and Vancouver | Joel Castillo
Batangas Community of BC | Mario Hernandez
Batangas Club of BC | Buena Kilala Chua
Bayanihan Cultural Housing Society (BCHS) | Annette Beech
Benguet Society of British Columbia | Cliff Belgica / Bruce Ganase
BIBAK Association of BC | Cliff Belgica
/ Arnold Dalluyon / Albert Martin / Justice Bentayen
Bicol Association of BC | Mel Abonita
Catanduanes International Association of BC | Rene Alcantara
Cebuano Society of BC | Antonio Ortega
Circulo Cagayano Association of BC | Rudy Tuliao
/ Ching Colobong
Circulo Pampangueno Association of BC | Arcie Lim
/ Christian Cunanan
Filipino Association of BC (FABC) | Celyna Sia-Sherst
Filipino Canadian Construction Society of BC | Amado Mercado
Filipino Canadian Heritage Society of BC | Primarosa Roine
/ Rey Fortaleza / Janice Lozano
Filipino Patriot Society of BC | Rene Bahena
Filipino Seniors Club of BC | Ana Marie Butcher
Negrense Association of BC | Cris Sotana
New Westminster Philippine Festival Society | Salve Dayao
North Peace Filipino Canadian Association | Ovvian Castrillo-Hill
Marinduque Society of BC | Anicia Miles
Philippine Canada Trade Council (PCTC) | Arnedo Lucas
Philippine Asian Chronicle | Janice Lozano
Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) Vancouver Canada | Bert Parungao / Shailene Caparas
/ Ernesto Ong
Philippines Historama Association of BC | Clifford Belgica / Bert Parungao / Ernesto Ong / Ching Colobong / Rudy Tuliao / Haydee Del Pedro / Janice Lozano / Rene Alcantara / George Gutierrez
Pinoy Buzz | Janice Lozano
Pinoy Canada BC | Carmela del Rosario
Pinoy Pride Vancouver Society | Gary Lising / Virgilio Hilario
Prince George Filipino Canadian Association | Lorenzo Sia
Radyo Pinoy BC | Leo Ocampo
Reyfort Media Group | Rey Fortaleza
Rinconada Association of BC | Mel Abonita
Rotary Club of Vancouver Mountainview | Mary Anne Velayo
Royal Sister City Society of BC | Anicia Miles
Saint Mary University Alumni Association of BC | George Gutierrez / Joel Castillo
San Fabian Society of BC | Ester Monses
Santa Maria Association of BC | Ompong Gayap
Sambayanang Pilipino of BC | Rudy Tuliao
SeedCare International Ministries | Shailene Caparas
SOCCSKSARGEN Association of BC | Haydee del Pedro
United Masskara Association of BC | Agnes Uguil
University of the Philippines Allumni Association in BC | Anita Aytona / Mylene Villanueva-Lim
Victorian Filipino Canadian Association (VFCA) | Annette Beech
Victorian Filipino Canadian Caregiver Association (VFCCA) | Annette Beech
Victorian Filipino Canadian Seniors Association (VFCSA) |
Zambales Society in BC | Merlina Fayusal
The Purposes of the Society are:
1. To instill a sense of unity, commemoration and cooperation among all Canadians of Filipino descent.
2. To be a unifying and coordinating force in preserving and showcasing the rich culture, heritage, tradition and way of life of the Filipino people and in moving forward a distinct Filipino-Canadian identity in the multicultural fabric of the province of British Columbia.
3. To celebrate the individuality of all established Filipino-Canadian organizations in British Columbia and build upon common interests and goals.
4. To help provide cultural and recreational activities to continuously build up a harmonious relationship among Filipino-Canadians in British Columbia.
5. To spearhead and coordinate all joint socio-cultural activities of Filipino-Canadian organizations including fund raising endeavors.
6. To conduct community forums, meetings and discussions on vital local, national and international issues that affect the Filipino-Canadians in British Columbia.
7. To work toward the building of a common place where Filipinos can gather, socialize, share ideas and discuss issues beneficial for their future being.
8. To assist citizens of the Philippines through registered charitable organizations in times of distress and emergencies.
9. To cooperate with international and intercultural groups to advance the concept of multiculturalism.